I’m bored out of my skull. My shoulder also hurts. I’d love to get out for a while so I no longer just see my place and the surrounding yard. Then again, I did deliberately wait until January for the surgery given how we tend to stay indoors during January – March anywho. So it’s kinda hard to whine too much when you got yourself into the situation to begin with.
It’s a wee bit past that time of week where I once again do battle with my brain in order to get this post completed. Let’s see …
1. The doctor’s office removed the bandage, the cotton wrap and the dressing from my forearm yesterday. It felt as good a sex (whatever that is) when the nurse removed it. It will take a wee bit of time but it definitely feels better without it than with it. And the shoulder is healing nicely as well.
2. I was able to take a long, hot shower this morning. It felt great. I just stood there and let the moment take me away.
3. I can’t win at work with my boss and the Director. I can’t move on due to commitments here so I’m adopting what were were taught at basic training: keep your mouth shut, do as told, never volunteer. I’m going ROAD in other words until I retire when I want to. I can get there hopefully.
4. I have a new seedling starter going today so I can grow some cat grass. This will hopefully give Miss Lily something to chew on other than some of the indoor plants.
5. I’m still looking for that magical position and place in the house where I can get a good night’s sleep. I wonder if tequila would help?
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “HOWDY DOO!” on your way thru if’n you want. 🙂
I have great pressure and water flow out of this new filtered water system. It filled my coffee pot lickety split. This is spoiling me.
It’s amazing just how much cleaning that I can get done while only using one arm. The house will be “spic and span clean” by the time I go back to work. That’s not to say it’s a pig sty or that it’s not kept up but I’m bored and it passes time.
Speaking of passing time, I have Day 2 of the Impeachment Trial going. It’s interesting to me. I don’t know who irritates me more however; Schiff or Nadler.
It’s raining out there right now. It started after lunch and it’s still going. That’s some weird stuff going on when it should be well below 0*F around here.
I’m getting by with only 4 – 6 hours of sleep at night right now. I can’t find a comfortable place to sleep nor can I find a comfortable position to fall asleep in neither. Ugh! It will all pass but it’s a royal pain for now. It’s hard to focus on a number of things to include new posts.
I have a new water filter system installed now. Woo Hoo!!! That’s another step forward for this year.
I’m sitting here watching the Senate Impeachment Trial and one observation that I have is it appears to me that this is a tit-for-tat exchange for last year’s House Impeachment Inquiries. All this is is one of those…
“You treated our House Republicans like this so now you get the same kind of treatment.”
It’s all party line voting and nothing less. It’s all political grandstanding and political theater just for the benefit of political advertising for votes this coming Fall.
We’re all losers. You. Me. All of us. None of us ordinary citizens would be treated like this. None of us would get the media like this. Nope. It would be “lock em up and throw away the key” if one of us broke the law.
- All this is accomplishing is further dividing us as a nation.
- All this is accomplishing is further dividing all of us based upon race.
- All this is accomplishing is further showing that there are laws for people with money and then there are laws for the rest of us.
- All this is accomplishing is to perpetuate and paint with the widest brush possible the notion that you’re either with us or you’re against us. There is no middle ground. End of discussion and end of story.
I have no idea how we as a nation could have fallen to a level this low. It makes me ill. I want to go sit on a warm beach somewhere with warm surf and some ice cold brews and watch the world just go to hell.