It’s that time of week once again and lookee here; I’m actually on time. Will miracles never cease. Let’s see what the ol’ grey matter comes up with.
- My weekend will be full of excitement and thrills as I continue to sand down my rocking chair for the deck and paint a couple Adirondack chairs. Don’t you wish you had a dazzling metro lifestyle like me???
- I also hafta clean out the closet in the garage and straighten it out. Wow! I must be some kinda special. I bet it makes you ladies think “Ooooooooo!“
- No gummys this weekend since they are going to Duluth for a birthday party.
- Do you remember when a holiday was a holiday and everything was closed? Whatever changed that? Oh yeh. It was the almighty dollar.
- There’s been a lot of sirens going by my place for the past few days. It’s OK just as long as that ambulance does not stop at my house.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “HOWDY!” on your way thru if’n you would like.
It’s one of those nights where it just feels good to sit here and watch the last of today’s sunlight fade into dark. I’m liking this pergola so far tho I do need a couple roll down shades for the late afternoon and early evening sun. I’ll find them and install them only it’s one more thing to pack away for the winter. If I’m going to do that, then I may as well but two more Adirondack chairs.
A US Supreme Court Justice may be removed from office. So in my humble opinion and with my little pea brain thinking …
- Justice Kavanaugh lied when questioned about Roe v. Wade during his congressional confirmation hearings.
- Justice Gorsuch lied when questioned about Roe v. Wade during his congressional confirmation hearings.
- Both swore to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
So they seemingly and knowingly perjured and completely misrepresented themselves before the Congress. Is this tantamount to committing a fraud upon the American people? Committing perjury in a court does not sit well with the presiding judge. They tend to frown upon such activities. So would their apparent false testimony be reason enough to launch impeachment proceedings against both?
It’s the little things that sometimes keeps me up past my bedtime.
It’s Friday once again and once again I’m late with this. This is getting to be a bad habit. Fire up the ol’ grey matter Jim.
- I checked my Thrift Savings account yesterday and ended up totally deflated. I’ve lost all of what I gained since I retired from the V.A. in 2020. I’m right back to where I started when I walked out the door. On the other hand however, I did make some withdrawals and got good use of those funds. The economy will recover at some point and it will gain back once again. In the mean while, thanks Brandon.
- The gutter guy came by the other day and had the last roofline done in about 30 minutes. I had to put the pergola together. That’s two items crossed off the summer list.
- I have to go to my store of dreams tomorrow to pick up some supplies so I can finish two more chores this weekend.
- I need to till my last garden bed this weekend and plant my pumpkin plants. I have to see if the Yukon Gold potatoes have started to grow eyes. I’ll put them in that bed as well.
- Maggie is a natural fly killer. She’s killed a couple that managed to get in the house. She also ate them. I suppose it’s a cat delicacy or some damn thing. I’m for sure not going to let her lick my face any time soon.
There ya have it. Feel free to comments and/or leave a vigorous ‘HOWDY!” on your way thru if’n you would like.