It’s that time of week once again and once again I’m struggling with my brain. Let’s see where it’s gonna take me this week …
1. Using the ol’ Slip-N-Slide is a great way for the gummys and their new friend next door to stay cool in this heat and humidity. I prefer the AC myself. The beach would be nice but there’s no ocean close to me.
2. The garden is doing pretty well as you can see from the pic.
3. I have no big plans for the 4th of July. I may grill or something like that. I used to like watching the fireworks but I can’t stand the noise now.
4. Jeez Louise. I didn’t think picking out a new color for the upstairs after the kitchen remodel would be so tough. Pick a damn colour Jim.
5. Lunch is over and it’s back to work in the flower bed. The joys of maintaining a home. 🙂
There ya have it feel free to comment and/or wave at our friends in Great Britain as we celebrate “Treason Day” tomorrow.
It’s hot and humid today. Special emphasis on “humid”. There was dew all over the yard as well. My shoes got thoroughly soaked when I went around ensuring that my pots of begonias and impatiens were watered. I felt like I was back in southeastern Iowa once again from all of the humidity and the total lack of a breeze. The only thing missing was the smell of a stagnant river floating somehow in the air. Either that of the smell of the pigs at the John Morrell packing plant across town.
It reminds me of when I was a kid. It would be so hot and humid and you could swear that you could hear the sound of the corn growing out in the fields. The corn loved this kind of weather. I didn’t. The warm weather was one thing but the humidity was something totally different. I’d do anything to try to cool off. It was pretty much useless since we didn’t have air conditioning unless you want to call two 20″ box fans from Woolworths air conditioning.
Wouldn’t 8 year old Jim be amazed with how I live now? He would say that I’m “Uncle John well off” which means not rich but lives comfortably plus I had air conditioning. Air conditioning!!! Who woulda thunk that I would ever have a house with that???
I lay there in bed during the twilight of a new day trying to separate my dreams from reality. My mind was going back and forth and back and forth between both dimensions trying to decide if it wanted to escape the unreal and move back into the real. I laid there in the dreamlike trance not really wanting to give up the images that were going thru my mind while a part of my brain was telling me and almost shouting at me to wake up and leave it all behind. Another part of my brain was telling me not to leave and to stay in this state of peace and calm. It only all started to end when I part of my brain told me to sit up in bed to accept a new day. Then the fog and haze lifted once again. Is this real or is it really a dream within a dream?
Rain, rain and lots more rain since 6:00 PM yesterday. Yes, there was the light and noise show outside for most of the night causing Big Boy to go run and hide under something (the big chicken). The deck door also leaked once again making me roll my eyes once again. But the plus up was it turned into a light rain before midmorning which made for a nice walk in the rain once I abandoned the umbrella for a jacket instead.
Walking helps me clear my head but even more so while walking whenever it’s raining or even when it’s snowing if I can use the dreaded “S” word. I can’t explain why but I end up more relaxed as the rain or the snow gently falls from the sky. It’s peaceful for me. The rain refreshes everything around me as it washes away the sins of the past. It washes away the dirt and the dust that accumulated and leaves all that it touches shinier and brighter than before even if it’s only temporary.
It was a nice walk this morning.
It’s that time of week once again and my brain is acting up once again. Let’s see where it takes me for today …
1. Minneapolis is taking the first steps to revising the city charter to remove the Minneapolis Police Department. Yeh. Let’s see how the vote goes on that this coming Fall and see how it plays out. I know a couple facts that the media aren’t telling the general population about and how some things are playing out right now.
2. So the Congress and the POTUS is at it again about the ACA. They don’t like it? Make it better in that case. I hate these politicians who hate things because they can but have no alternatives worked out.
3. Hmmmm. I think this may be a cheese burger night. Mexican sounds good too.
4. I’ve gotta stop by my store of dreams to pick up a paint scraper and some sandpaper so I can continue working on that exterior painting project that I have. I’ll clean out the insides of one of the carriage lights on the garage while I’m at it.
5. It’s gonna be nice to have a two day work week next week. I wish every week could be a two day work week for me. Soon I hope.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “HOWDY! on your way thru if’n you would like.