I logged into my work laptop this morning and light flashing across the western horizon caught my eye. The next thing I knew, we were having our first Spring thunderstorm of the year. It’s great!!! I love that sound of thunder rumbling across the sky after a long, hard and cold winter. It tells me Spring really has arrived for us. It’s a good thing the gummys and I turned my rain barrel over this past Saturday to catch the rain. I’ll have to check it after a while to see how much fuller it is compared to the wee spot of rain the we had yesterday morning.
Mean while back at the ranch …
I’ve opened up some of the windows to let the rain filtered fresh air in to the house. It’s time to chase all of the winter ghosts and expel them from my house. The trees have budded and a goodly number are starting to open. I love this season of the first green up of Spring. I’ll have crab apple tree blossoms perfuming the air before I know it.
My old Dell All-In-One powered up and came to life this morning. It lasted all of 30 minutes maybe before the hard drive decided to crap out and it wouldn’t power up again. This does prove that only Jesus can raise the dead and a Dell is not Lazurus.
But it was kinda cool there for a while. I removed the hard drive so I can smash it into a hunderty billionty pieces later on. This and some other not used any longer electronics are going to the recycle center this week.
I have a new source of frustration. I can’t crank up the awning for my deck. The doggone forearm feels like it is twisting and talk about some pain. Ugh! Oh well. My SIL cranked it up for me. I keep reminding myself that my Ortho PT said I ended uop using my left arm as my primary arm when it just plain wasn’t ready to be a primary arm while my right shoulder healed. The plus up is my right shoulder gets better and better as time passes. The downside is I am just so frustrated with my left arm being so weak and non-functional like it used to be.
The gummys and i had a lotta fun working with my indoor herb planters. The dug up the chives and i helped them separate that balled up mess and they replanted all into a new clay pot. We’ll see if it works out or not. I can get a new chives starter from the nursery. They also planted some sunflower seeds in some new mulch pellets. We worked in the garden beds outside afterwards and rode around on the lawn tractor. We had lotsa sun and ended up with each of us having a bit of a sunburn.
I’m really loving this heat that we had today. I’m a sun and warm weather kinda guy anywho and one that keeps asking why I moved to what Miss C refers to as “The Frozen Tundra”. I don;’t think it really much maters anymore. I’m here and Spring finally arrived. It’s time to get busy outside.
It’s that time of week once again and “Yayayayayayaya” I know that I’m late with this. Let’s see where we go today …
1. I had one hen Mallard with her beau who was gtoo busy keeping four other drakes away from his egg making machine. It was kinda funny watching him try to cahse them off.
2. The gummys are here for the afternoon and the night. I’ll make some Hackbraten, some spaetzle with gravy and a veggie for supper tomorrow night.
3. The weather warmed just in time for Easter. That and there is no more of that icky bad, white “argh” on my yard. I have snow out once again and before the 20th. Ity’s also supposed to be sunny and warm this weekend.
4. One good thing about a Good Friday in central Minnesota is the number of people that I work with that take time off for the holy week. It was nice and quiet all day with work. I got quite a bit done today.
5. It’s so funny listening to the gummys talk back and forth with each other while they’re playing Legos Jurassic Park on Play Station.
So there ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or leave some choco Easter bunnies for me for Easter. 🙂