I can’t believe that I made it this far without someone’s husband shooting me. Oh well. I’m being taken out for supper by my oldest, my SIL and the gummys. That means Dad pays. Ha Ha!
Fell free to leave birthday wishes here or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On to the last trials with my rain barrel. All that I need right now is another storm to come in and refill the barrel now. I really hated dumping most of the water but damn it’s heavy once filled. That’s way too much weight for lil’ ol’ me to even try to pick up by my onesy. It will refill soon enough.
It’s fascinating learning just how much water that I could save and use again for the garden and the plants. And I’m putting some thought into hooking three all together next Spring. Two more barrels with spigots on the bottom of the, two short hoses, a “Y” connector and a long garden hose and I think I can use mostly rain water to water the garden starting next year. That would really cut down on my water bill.
It’s that time of week once again where I do battle with my brain to come up with five new things. My brain says that I can’t. Let’s see …
1. Work is going pretty well on me re-painting a garden hose reel. A lot of the paint was peeling off of it anywho, so it needed a re-paint. I decided that I’m painting it to look like a Tonka fire engine from back in the day when I was a kid. It’s looking good. All I need now is a gold decal.
2. To screw up a new process is normal. To really screw it up takes management and senior leadership. They gave us attempt #2 and it’s no better than attempt #1. Amazing. No wonder the Department of Veterans Affairs has so many issues.
3. My grands are getting a little too big for their britches. I’m reining them in right now. I don’t like it any more than they do but it’s for their own good in the long run. Besides, a 7 year old does not run my house nor makes the rules for my house.
4. On to the next phase of my rain water barrel experiments. I’m gonna run up to my store of dreams after the gummys leave to pick up the stand. Now it’s just figuring out just how much water that I’ll have to drain in order to safely pick it up and put it on the stand. I have it in the back of my pea brain that most of 50 gallons of rain water will be run out of the barrel. Oh well. It will refill itself in time and the end game is to maximize it’s use for the future. Trial and error will be the name of the game for a while.
5. Most of my reseeding by the curb side of my yard washed away. Ugh! Back to reseeding as a chore for the weekend.
Wow! Take that brain! Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “Howdy!” on the way thru if you wold like. 🙂
There are a number of times when I just sit here at night and reflect on the past day or the past few days . This is one is one of those nights. It’s time to cast some local friendships aside and let them die on the vine (like they haven’t already). I think that you reach a point in your life where you are what God and your environment created. You can change things intellectually. I think you can change some things emotionally and even your physical being. But the essence of who you are is a product of time, your experiences and your environment growing up. This is your true self as the world sees you.
I come from a different time where we played hard. It carried over into the military and served me very well there. But I’m back here in the world and the world changed all around me when I was still inside the fence. The world left me behind or we became separated from one another for whatever reason right, wrong or indifferent. I’m a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. It just doesn’t”t fit no matter how hard you try. It’s time to bid some relationships farewell and go with God. It’s frustrating to me.
I kinda feel like this guy today. I have “The Cave” all to my onesy today. Everyone is gone. It’s a good thing I don’t need a stapler since I’m paperless.