It’s that time of week once again and once again I’m struggling with my brain. Let’s see where it’s gonna take me this week …
1. Using the ol’ Slip-N-Slide is a great way for the gummys and their new friend next door to stay cool in this heat and humidity. I prefer the AC myself. The beach would be nice but there’s no ocean close to me.
2. The garden is doing pretty well as you can see from the pic.
3. I have no big plans for the 4th of July. I may grill or something like that. I used to like watching the fireworks but I can’t stand the noise now.
4. Jeez Louise. I didn’t think picking out a new color for the upstairs after the kitchen remodel would be so tough. Pick a damn colour Jim.
5. Lunch is over and it’s back to work in the flower bed. The joys of maintaining a home. 🙂
There ya have it feel free to comment and/or wave at our friends in Great Britain as we celebrate “Treason Day” tomorrow.
It’s hot and humid today. Special emphasis on “humid”. There was dew all over the yard as well. My shoes got thoroughly soaked when I went around ensuring that my pots of begonias and impatiens were watered. I felt like I was back in southeastern Iowa once again from all of the humidity and the total lack of a breeze. The only thing missing was the smell of a stagnant river floating somehow in the air. Either that of the smell of the pigs at the John Morrell packing plant across town.
It reminds me of when I was a kid. It would be so hot and humid and you could swear that you could hear the sound of the corn growing out in the fields. The corn loved this kind of weather. I didn’t. The warm weather was one thing but the humidity was something totally different. I’d do anything to try to cool off. It was pretty much useless since we didn’t have air conditioning unless you want to call two 20″ box fans from Woolworths air conditioning.
Wouldn’t 8 year old Jim be amazed with how I live now? He would say that I’m “Uncle John well off” which means not rich but lives comfortably plus I had air conditioning. Air conditioning!!! Who woulda thunk that I would ever have a house with that???
I lay there in bed during the twilight of a new day trying to separate my dreams from reality. My mind was going back and forth and back and forth between both dimensions trying to decide if it wanted to escape the unreal and move back into the real. I laid there in the dreamlike trance not really wanting to give up the images that were going thru my mind while a part of my brain was telling me and almost shouting at me to wake up and leave it all behind. Another part of my brain was telling me not to leave and to stay in this state of peace and calm. It only all started to end when I part of my brain told me to sit up in bed to accept a new day. Then the fog and haze lifted once again. Is this real or is it really a dream within a dream?