It’s that time of week once again to see what the ol’ grey matter can come up with. Hopefully the sun hasn’t fried my brain. Let’s see …
- It’s gonna be a hot one over the 4th of July weekend. I can deal with the heat but the fireworks is another matter for me. I’ll be staying home once again instead of going to see the fireworks. I do have plans to feed the family a bbq dinner tho. Have grill will cook.
- My garden continues to grow and I’m amazed at how well the broccoli is doing given I’ve never grown it before. The down side is there is no yield this year from the strawberry patch.
- I think next Monday will be a jelly making session since it’s forecasted to rain that day and I have it off anywho. It’s been a while since I’ve made some triple berry jelly and I have all of the ingredients.
- I looked at my pay stub this week and the light bulb went on that I was short paid. I went back and looked and I have been short paid the previous two pay days as well; so I brought it to my employer’s attention. I will give them credit for fixing it and getting the back pay to me right away. I squirreled it away for a rainy day rather than blow it on something.
- Fixing my yard continues to be the top priority for me right now. I haven’t really stayed on top of it like I did before my stroke and me breaking my hip and shattering my arm didn’t help either. Neither did the other surgeries that I had. So it looks like a ragamuffin or a scalawag lives here and we can’t have that. No, it’s not that “well manicured lawn” like some Georgia Peach once teased me. OK. I’m working on it.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “HOWDY!” on your way thru if’n you would like. 🙂