It’s past the normal posting time for this post this week. I was a td bit busy with something for work this morning. Let’s see where the ol’ grey matter takes us this week.
- Part of my front yard just refuses to grow new grass for whatever reason. Well, I can be stubborn too. I’m trying something new this week to patch where the utility company screwed up my yard. We shall see what happens this time and hopefully I won’t hafta get a sod cutter and buy some sod to force my will.
- I love wearing my sandals once again other than the damn tiny bits of asphalt that manage to find their way between my feet and my sandals. it could be a lot worse. There could be 24″ of that nasty white stuff out there.
- We just didn’t get the rain that the weather ladies and dudes promised us. I think it mostly went south of us into Cheese Land. Maybe we will get some on Sunday like they are predicting. We sure could use it.
- The lack of rain makes me remember those long, hot Iowa summers back when I was a kid. We sure had a lot of big cracks in the ground from the heat and the lack of water. It was sure nice to play out in the rain when it finally did rain.
- My Havana hat died on me. Now I hafta wear ball caps until I get it replaced. I need to find a replacement fairly quick.
Bonus: New Federal holiday for us. I hafta admit that I didn’t know much about Juneteenth until I looked it up on-line last night. It will be interesting to see how this new holiday for us develops over time. I can get into it if there’s food and parades involved.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “HOWDY!” on your way thru if’n you would like.