Well, it’s that time of week once again where I do battle with my brain and try to knock out five items. Let’s see …
1. The ornamental fencing is up and all that is left is for the garden soil to settle over the coming months until the new Spring. It’s spongy like fresh baked cake and there is no point in planting anything this late in the season with not a lot of time to allow this to settle. We can wait and ponder what to plant in there.
2. A new hummingbird feeder is out on a hook over my deck. I’m not too happy with the hook and may go get another Shepard’s hook to use instead. I can put another feeder on it for when the skies get grey and dreary and when the north wind blows once again bringing that icky bad white stuff that we don’t want to talk about right now.
3. “Pop” and “Pop” and “Pop” goes my left shoulder. Ugh!
4. It’s time to start thinking about buying some Fall flowers for the front entrance. The impatiens are doing well but they’ll be done soon enough. It will be interesting to see just how long I can keep them going.
5. It’s time to drain the one water barrel that I have out back of my shed and leave it open so it continues to drain. It’s been a wet summer and I haven’t needed to use hardly any of the water that it collected but it is nice to have setup just in case.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “HOWDY!” on your way thru if’n you would like.