Day: January 11, 2019
I had a couple glasses of wine tonight and I wish I hadn’t. My mind went back to another time and a previous life. Back when I was a lot younger and I listened and danced to tunes long since forgotten and only remembered when I stumble upon them on YouTube.
Is it true that you can only have one true dance partner in life? Only one that is truly in rhythm with your pace and and steps as the music plays? Only one that you look directly in their eyes and no where else when you weave her across the dance floor? It seems like a lifetime ago. A time before the mother of my children and the father of yours.
They were good times swaying together on the dance floor. I wish you were here but you’re living your life in a world apart. We missed our chance and we threw it away. No kiss. No goodbyes. But I can feel you and I see your face once again. I smell your perfume and can see the sparkle in your eyes from a distant memory tucked safely away.
I can feel the sensation of you in my arms and the warmth of your touch as we sway in tune but it’s only a lie. It’s something that I can’t let go but you’re someone else’s dream now. But I wish you were here.
It’s that time of week once again where I do battle with my brain to see if I can actually do this. Let’s see …
1. Spring is wherever you find it in the winter time. I found mine in the flower section of the market the other day. I have what? Nine more weeks of this?
2. I just love cleaning up after my supervisor whenever he plays at what I do for a living. Yeh, that was some sarcasm.
3. Acclimating to the weather is important if one is going to be routinely walking out and about in central Minnesota during this time of year. Bundling up is a good thing too. I sure hope nothing is gonna fall off.
4. Thanks to someone who shall be nameless for leaving something in my brain all day.
5. I think this is a good weekend for some comfort food. A dutch oven full of beef stove cooking for 3 – 4 hours in the oven sounds good. The smell will be wonderful too.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or leave something that will stick in my lil’ pea brain all day. 🙂