I have some of the staff none too happy with me. They don’t like it with me doing a lot of activities without someone to assist. Activities such as …
- Getting in and out of bed by myself.
- Getting in and out of my wheelchair by myself.
- Going to the toilet by myself.
- Using my bed table as a standing work station so I can work on my standing
I get the idea that I can get hurt. I get the liability issue. I also get the fact that their are only so many of them and of of these patients. But I also get that …
- I’m not one of their typical patients in as much as I am not a geriatric.
- My leg muscles are mad as hell but I hafta exercise them more than once a day in order for me to make any real progress. I’m not the only patient here but get off my back if I continue to exercise on my own in what common sense says is a safe manner.
I’m sure we’ll have meeting of the minds soon.