Baking some homemade banana bread. The whole house smells good. That’s a plus up for this time of year when everything is buttoned up and closed up to keep out the cold. It keeps all the good baking smells in.
It’s getting colder and the wind is picking up. It’s gonna be a cold one out there tonight.
I saw a maple leaf dancing down the snow covered street.
The Ice Maiden wanted me to watch the last bits of Spring and Summer completely disappear.
She wanted me to know that she has returned and she’s as cold as always.
And winter will stay long.
But there’s always hope for warm breezes and with flowers blooming once again.
Until then it’s time to sleep and dream of a new Spring.
It’s that time of week once again where I set out to write this and my brain laughs at me. Let’s see …
1. I refilled all of the feeders yesterday and checked the heated bird bath to make sure it was working right. I’m glad that I did given last night’s dusting of snow that we received. It looks like the robins decided to skeedaddle south to stay ahead of this stuff. It’s still coming down slow but sure.
2. At least Big Boy is grateful that I filled the feeders. He’s laying here by the back door keeping an eye on them. He lets me know whenever something is out there because he starts to titter at them.
3. It must be winter out there. I just saw a snowplow go by. Yep. It’s winter in central Minnesota once again. Lucky me! Time to start practicing the ancient art of “Minnesota Bundling” for my walks.
4. It’s a road trip weekend for me this weekend as I go check on my step Dad to make sure he’s doing OK. I have to get some posts scheduled today for Saturday and Sunday.
5. Now is the time of year where I catch up and use up all my extra vacation time which means a lot of time off between now and New Year’s. I’m gonna have to plan how I use my vacation time next year. I saw a travel package to Peru that I’m interested in. Do I speak Spanish? Nope. But it didn’t stop me from going to Spain either. Ooooo! Spain! Just the sound of it even sounds warm.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or join me in a round of Christmas songs and carols if you want. Here’s one of Miss Lily’s favorites …
“Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree. Your ornaments are history.”