It’s that time of week once again where I fight with my brain to be creative. Let’s see …
1. It finally quit raining but it’s still grey and cloudy and cool out there. I can see my breath now when I’m doing my first walk of the day. That and I have to wear some fleece gloves. This plus up is most of the leaves on the lawn have dried up so I can swish my feet thru them. I always did like doing that.
2. Speaking of fleece gloves. I wish we had a Marks and Spencers here. The best pair of gloves that I’ve ever bought was at their store in Liverpool. Man did they ever do a great job of keeping my hands warm. Maybe I can order them on-line from them?
3. It’s almost time to drain the rain barrel. It’s such a pity knowing it’s just going to go on the ground. No worries tho. It will refill next year and will have at least one companion to join it.
4. I haven’t decided if this is a chicken and dumplings weekend or a beef stew weekend. I do like my comfort food during this time of year. Food that warms the cockles of your heart. Did you know you had cockles?
5. The snowblower that I’m giving my sister is all cleaned up and now at the hardware store for routine maintenance. Some commented that it was nice of me to do this but I have ulterior motives. I promised Momma before her dementia really set in that I’d look after my little sister. I don’t want her to come back and haunt me.
Whew! Made it once again. Feel free to comment and/or have a cuppa tea and a sit with me to watch the leaves fall.