I have this adequate hose reel for my front lawn garden hoses. Yeh, it’s like the one in the pic above. It sure looked perty out of the box and after I put it all together. And it works almost kinda sorta OK but it started bugging the hell out of me that it’ been rusting already and it’s only a year old. Cheap paint and low quality control is all I can say.
But it’s all good and as others have pointed out, I can’t sit still. I took the hoses off and started tearing it down to discover that it was in really good shape other than some surface rust. So I’ve been cleaning and scraping and sanding and then repainting the doggone thing into something better because Lord knows I have to re-engineer everything that I work on.
I’ve decided that I want it to look as much as a piece of old timey fire fighter equipment as possible in honour of my step Dad who is a retired fire dog. Several cans of spray paint and primer and new nuts and bolts later and I think that it’s coming along almost perty good. Now I just have to find the right Fire Department decal/sticker for the cross panel.
Hey! It keeps me busy, off the streets, out of pubs and hopefully out of trouble.