It’s that time of week once again where I do battle with my brain to come up with five new things. My brain says that I can’t. Let’s see …
1. Work is going pretty well on me re-painting a garden hose reel. A lot of the paint was peeling off of it anywho, so it needed a re-paint. I decided that I’m painting it to look like a Tonka fire engine from back in the day when I was a kid. It’s looking good. All I need now is a gold decal.
2. To screw up a new process is normal. To really screw it up takes management and senior leadership. They gave us attempt #2 and it’s no better than attempt #1. Amazing. No wonder the Department of Veterans Affairs has so many issues.
3. My grands are getting a little too big for their britches. I’m reining them in right now. I don’t like it any more than they do but it’s for their own good in the long run. Besides, a 7 year old does not run my house nor makes the rules for my house.
4. On to the next phase of my rain water barrel experiments. I’m gonna run up to my store of dreams after the gummys leave to pick up the stand. Now it’s just figuring out just how much water that I’ll have to drain in order to safely pick it up and put it on the stand. I have it in the back of my pea brain that most of 50 gallons of rain water will be run out of the barrel. Oh well. It will refill itself in time and the end game is to maximize it’s use for the future. Trial and error will be the name of the game for a while.
5. Most of my reseeding by the curb side of my yard washed away. Ugh! Back to reseeding as a chore for the weekend.
Wow! Take that brain! Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous “Howdy!” on the way thru if you wold like. 🙂