It’s that time of week once again where I do battle with my brain for the ultimate control of my universe. Let’s see …
1. So many of us are tired of winter and I suppose our frustration with the Ice Maiden’s noncooperation is really starting to come out. Patience is in such short supply with me. It’s time to get back outside, work in the yard once again and create new life and things of beauty. At least the long range weather forecast for central Minnesota is promising. One more day of this front and we’re back to warming up like we were doing before this last snow.
2. My boss and Director have me on radio comm out right now. In other words, they aren’t responding back to my emails. I would have really bothered me a year ago if they had done it. But I’ve learned the hard lessons since last Memorial Day. It’s their business if they want to crash and burn because they didn’t heed warnings from me.
3. I left my heavy fleece zipper hoodie laying on a couch upstairs and Big Boy has claimed it as his bed for now. One of the unwritten rules about having cats is whatever they are laying on is theirs until they decide that they are done using it and you aren’t authorized to disturb them while they are using it. I asked Big Boy if I could have it back and he looked at me like “Have you lost your mind human? Can’t you see that I’m using this? It’s mine so go away.”
4. I have a family gathering on Sunday to host. It will be good to see my gums and my nephew’s son and my niece’s two kids. I suspect my niece and my oldest will be eyeballing my wine rack. I best take a count of what I have before I start to wonder why later on why it looks like I have a few more empty spots other than what I thought I remembered having.
5. If one can’t have Spring when they want it, then you create your own Spring. I think I’ll get some more flowers for the house this weekend. Enjoy the daisies.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a vigorous and hearty “Howdy!” when you pass by. 🙂