I normally do not participate in these WP awards out of personal choice. But I’m sitting here waiting for the next “Snowmageddon” to begin here so what the heck. So, what do I do here?
I was nominated for this by Binita at:
There are rules I guess. Man, I don’t like rules but they are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. Okey dokey. Thanks sweetie!
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. It’s above. Yeh, I can kinda sorta figure out how to do that.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!) Nahhhhhhhh!
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site. Okey dokey. You have a link to Binita’s site. Give her a follow if you haven’t already.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. Ummm … OK.
1. I really, really love to travel so I can meet new people, find out how they live, see new things, try new foods, taste new wines and understand that all of us live in a really big world that has so many things to see and do.
2. I consider myself to be a fairly decent amateur chef. I love to cook and try out new recipes and I do remarkably well with them. Yes, I have kitchen skills.
3. I also like to bake cookies, bread and pastries. Cookies and pastries are off the table right now because of Lent but bread is still there. I routinely bake white bread and French bread right now but I want to learn to bake other types when I get a new KitchenAid mixer this year.
4. I discovered a great love of gardening over the past 4 years. I really enjoy getting my hands dirty and knowing where some my food comes from. I also like showing my grands how to garden and I allow them to help grow veggies as well.
5. I love going to Farmer’s Markets seeing everything that there is to see at them. I also have a nearby farm that I go to for some bulk produce for canning purposes.
6. I recently discovered that I can make some homemade jellies and jams. I think it’s fun taking fresh fruit, mixing the various berries for different favor combinations and making jelly for storing. I also give some of it away. My standard condition is “You don’t get more if you don’t return the jar.” It’s amazing how many empty jars come back.
7. I have this overwhelming sense that I will die alone. I’m not saying that I’ll be lonely, rather I’ll be all by my onesy at the time my heart decides to take the big schnitzel and vapor lock or quit on me.
well there ya have it. Feel free to comment you you would like. 🙂