It’s that time of week once again where I do battle with my brain. My brain has been winning a lot thus far this week. Let’s see …
1. It was a beautiful late September morning here in central Minnesota this morning. That is until I notice that I could see my breath in the cool morning air. Then I checked the temps when I got home. Well, I guess summer is officially over here.
2. I bought one of those compact flash memory cards for my camera. It works great except now I can’t find the cable that goes from my camera to my Mac so I can download pics. Oh dopey me! I guess I need to buy the memory card port that I’ve been looking at. I’ll need it for the new MacBook that I buy anywho.
3. A couple vets asked me if I was going to join the NFL boycott because of the players taking a knee for the national anthem. I said “No!” They asked “Why not?” I replied “Cuz I watch college and not the NFL. What do you want me to boycott? Something I’m not already watching?” I got some strange looks. I’m a rebel that way I guess.
4. I’m slowly emptying my garage and putting things into my shed now that the city is off my back. It felt so good to be able to set up a work bench and get some of my implements of total destruction out into a space that I can actually work in and not have to put away after I’m done. The garage was not a good place for projects.
5. I sat out on the deck last night watching the sun set. It was nice to sit there in the cooling evening air watching the geese flying to find water or a field to rest on for the night. My Yellow Finches appear to have left for the winter. The Sparrows, the Cardinals and my ever faithful Chickadees are still around. I’ll have to clean one feeder, fill another and then get the heated bird bath out for a new season. Yeh, this may be a busy weekend for me.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or wave a friendly “Howdy!” when you pass thru. 🙂