I’ve been thinking a lot today about the question that Danny asked this morning. He was asking what we are struggling with in our lives. I keep going back in my mind to what happened to me Memorial Dy weekend.
I spend a lot of time wondering if I will ever be normal again and when all of the symptoms will ever disappear. I get tired and my legs don’t want to work right. Sometimes the headaches don’t seem to want to end. Sometimes it seems like I make simple mental mistakes which then saps at my confidence. Sometimes one day continues into another. My patience is strained and having some patience is something that I never was very good at to begin with.
It almost reads like a selfish attention grab when I read the above back to myself. I keep hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
Baby Bunny is starting to get big.
It’s that time of week once again where I do battle with my brain for total control. Let’s see how it goes this week.
1. I hopped on the scale this morning and it read “209”. I was so surprised that I re-weighed myself 4 more times. That puts me down 15 pounds since this past April and at my target goal for this summer. Now I just have to keep it off. I will have a new target goal of “200” by the end of the year if I keep this off.
2. I booked my vacation yesterday. I got a great deal on a trip to Ireland in late February. I also saw a short trip from Berlin toDresden to Munich listed and they usually start in December. I could hit several Christmas Markets if I booked one of those for next year. It’s something to think about.
3. The gummys and I had a blast shooting their rocket copters yesterday afternoon. It’s amazing that a couple bucks in plastic and rubber bands can keep kids that content for that long.
4. I’m getting some nice young carrots this week out of my garden thanks to my step Dad’s advice. The is the first time I’ve ever planted them. There have been some nice lessons learned for next year. The gummys have had a nice time picking them and eating them fresh from the garden.
5. I’m unmotivated for work this week. It’s mainly due to me going back to the doctor next week and I’m sure he will clear me to return to work. I’ll really miss this working from home and no commuting. It’s also saved me a bunch of money for not having to buy lunch downtown.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment and/or leave a vigorous “HELLO!” when you pass thru. 🙂