The rain came down hard this afternoon. You could see it coming. The western sky was dark blue and getting darker as it got closer and closer. It was a good enough excuse to pick everything up and pack it in for a day. I had already uncovered a fairly good sized ant hill and had been bit a number of times by the red ants. I’ll have a number of bags of old mulch to drop off at the compost yard since I have someone that will do the driving.
My oldest was concerned that I was overdoing it was ready to tattle on me to my doctor. I told her all was fine and I was quitting for the day anyway. I ended up taking a really long hot shower followed by an hour and a half nap. there were also a few text messages from my sister scolding me. Sore? Yes. Having a relapse? Nah. But I will say I was starting to push the edge so I’ll have to be a bit more mindful when I go back out to work on this some more. It’s not a race.
So I’m sitting here in the solitude of a Friday evening listening to some tunes and watching a new front slowly move in. There’s a nice light show that’s with this new front and it’s lights up the horizon occasionally. I’m going to sleep well tonight I think.
One would think that I’m starving her with the way she’s been carrying on.
It’s that time of week again where I pit myself against my brain for the never ending battle for control.
1. I have too many outdoor projects going on. I really need to focus on one, get it done and then move on to another. But oh no! I have to have three going on all at the same time.
2. I keep hearing the Blue Jay singing in the trees across the street. He’s obviously found a food source over there. I hate competition.
3. It’s pay day and I get to see how much I have left over after paying the bills. Maybe I’ll have enough where I can rub two nickels together. I may be even able to afford Mickey Dees.
4. I hope I hear today about my building permit from the city. I’m hoping it will be approved so I don’t have to wait thru the 4th of July holiday.
5. I have a young squirrel that’s been eyeballing my one bird feeder. I have to admit it’s a brave little thing. It’s one determined squirrel.
Okey dokey pokey. That’s it for this week. Feel free to comment and/or wave a hearty “How do!” when you’re passing thru.
I’m stalling on starting work this morning. I’m on my second cup of coffee and I’m still not awake and I’d rater go crawl back under the covers right now. But at least the office window is open letting in some fresh air before it heats up out there. There’s a nice little breeze coming thru the window but I think I’ll get a fan out to help push it along a little faster.