A 20 minute oil change on my garden tractor turned in to 4 hours of effort and phone calls. The end result was:
- The factory installed oil filter is fused to the engine.
- We only succeeded in tearing the oil filter casing into multiple pieces.
- One new oil filter wrench is ruined.
- I have a nice oil spill on the garage floor to finish cleaning up.
- The big box store and a manufacturer’s authorized servicer is engaged to get this fixed.
- There aint gonna be no grass mowing until this is sorted.
Normally I’d be a bit PO’d but I did find a lot of humor in “It isn’t supposed to do that. The engine manufacturer messed up and the manufacturer is liable for the repairs.”
OK, “it did do that” and I do have some comfort in knowing that there was nothing that I did wrong and someone else is gonna pay instead of some poor ol’ country boy from Iowa.