Day: May 19, 2017
A 20 minute oil change on my garden tractor turned in to 4 hours of effort and phone calls. The end result was:
- The factory installed oil filter is fused to the engine.
- We only succeeded in tearing the oil filter casing into multiple pieces.
- One new oil filter wrench is ruined.
- I have a nice oil spill on the garage floor to finish cleaning up.
- The big box store and a manufacturer’s authorized servicer is engaged to get this fixed.
- There aint gonna be no grass mowing until this is sorted.
Normally I’d be a bit PO’d but I did find a lot of humor in “It isn’t supposed to do that. The engine manufacturer messed up and the manufacturer is liable for the repairs.”
OK, “it did do that” and I do have some comfort in knowing that there was nothing that I did wrong and someone else is gonna pay instead of some poor ol’ country boy from Iowa.
OK, so it’s that time of week once again and I’m behind … again. Let’s get ‘er done!
1. I got to see the vampires this morning who drained most of my blood. I swear to God they took gallons of blood from me. And they let loose on of those wicked and evil Halloween laughs while doing it. I barely made it out of the clinic alive. I would have became one of the walking dead if I had stayed there any longer. I was almost there anywho due to a lack of no coffee before the blood draining.
2. I got on the scale this morning and was greeted by a number that I haven’t seen in a long time. I would like to attribute this success to watching my diet, food intake, exercising and drinking a lake of water every day. I think it’s more from the meds that I’m taking to kill this cold. It’s put me off feed and kinda sorta curbed my appetite. Im not holding out hope that they ol’ waist line won’t go back up once I’m off the meds.
3. Someone told me yesterday that if I criticized the POTUS one more time that they would quit listening to me. So I said “And he’s an idiot too! Who the hell is handling him besides the Burger King?? And his hair! OMG! I’ve seen better haircuts on dogs!” I’m hoping they’ll keep their promise and leave me alone now.
4. I love pay days! I hate paying bills tho. I watch my money disappear into a black hole never to be seen again.
5. It’s gonna be a cool weekend. I think I’ll do some baking.
OK, so that’s it for this week. Feel free to comment and/or wave a enthusiastic “Hallå” when passing by.