So I’m sitting here sipping on a morning cup of coffee listening to the sounds of the jets flying overhead as they make their way into MSP. It was cool out there when I woke up but the temps have risen steadily since then. The birds are singing, traffic is light on the road out back and Miss Lily has found herself a spot of carpet that the sun is shining on. It must have warmed that spot pretty good given how she is all curled up on it.
I have plenty of outside chores to get done this weekend:
- Paint the block foundation on the south side of the house.
- Plant my beans, pumpkins and a new crop of peas in the new bed.
- I have to clean up and put away the heated bird bath.
- There’s a run to the market.
- Mulch to put down.
- Weed and feed for the lawn.
- And a few other things as well.
It’s going to be a busy weekend. I have two little girls coming to see me and to spend the night. I’ll have them help me plant but I’m sure they’ll want cheeseburgers and fries for supper and a fire in the pit after that so they can have some S’mores. That may not be a bad idea. It should be a beautiful night sky out tonight.