Month: April 2017
I normally don’t participate in these but it’s a wonderful Spring day in central Minnesota so I will participate but on in part of this. Kelley at Kelleysdiy nominated me for this and I thank her for it. The rules are:
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 other people
- Tell your nominees the good news
The first two are done and as for the third:
- I grew up poor in southeastern Iowa in the bottom half of a family of seven kids. All of them were hooligans except for me. I was a good kid. My little sister chastises me once in a great while on what I buy but I vividly remember days when Momma didn’t know where the money for the next gallon of milk was coming from.
- I never liked eating most vegetables until I came back from Desert Storm. If you put food in front of me I ate it. That is the power of having to eat MREs for a while.
- I wasn’t the first of my brothers and sisters to earn a 2 year college degree but I was the first to earn a Bachelors degree.
- I like to tour Europe. I’m not saying that it’s better there than where I live but it is definitely different and unique in its own way. I also feel comfortable there.
- I’m an extremely social person while I’m at work but after the long work day and long work week I’ve usually had enough of people and prefer the solitude of my place.
- Outside of Fall, Spring has always been a favorite time of year for me. Everything feels so new and warm after a long, cold winter. I especially like the “warm” part.
- I rarely drink soda now but will have an occasional root beer. They’re not often; maybe one a month. Otherwise apple juice is my drink of choice instead of soda.
I’ll pass on the last two. I’m a rebel when it comes to rules anywho. Feel free to comment.