Well, it’s that time of week once again and it’s time to take a stick and poke that squirrel powering up my brain. Let’s see what happens.
1. Skies in central Minnesota are a tad bit “odd” at times. I woke up this morning and looked out the front window to see clear skies. I went off to get clean and sparkly and smelling good and lo and behold we now have grey skies. Weird.
2. I’ve been watching the planter that I have (or “had”) my thyme in. I forgot to bring it in last Fall and the frost got to it. I wonder if it will come back this Spring? I’ve been thinking about it and it surely winters elsewhere so why wouldn’t winter here? Maybe our winters and frost are too severe for it. We shall see what happens. I can make the nursery run if I have to replace them.
3. After talking to #2, I’ve been thinking about making a herb box for outside so I can keep fresh herbs year round. This isn’t the land of eternal summer but there surly is some way to make this work. This is another project to research this year. There’s always something to keep my mind busy.
4. I unplugged my heated bird bath a while ago and it was full of slushy water this morning. I poured all that out and put fresh water in it for the Robins to dirty up.
5. Tomorrow is April Fool’s Day. What’s the funniest prank that you ever pulled or was ever pulled on you? The best prank pulled on me was I was to call Colonel Sanders at his home phone. Being in the Air Force and given the fact that we actually had a Lieutenant Colonel Sanders on base, I made the call. Then I found out that I had called KFC. Ha ha! Yeh right. I let the air out of his car tires to get even.
There ya have it for this week. Feel free to comment and/or leave a naughty limerick if you want.
So there I was standing out by the Eiffel Tower (hey, I’ve actually done it) completely minding my own business and being a great example of what a tourist should be like. Yeh, I know it’s hard to believe but I was totally a poster boy of what a good Catholic kid would look like. Suddenly this lady came up to me and said _______________. (fill in the blank)
Feel free to use your creative imaginations to your limit.
Being the notorious monoglot that I am, I have no earthly clue what she said in what ever language and all I could do is smile and say “Huh???“
I love waking up to rain in the morning. It’s so mucher betterer waking up to that versus waking up to that icky bad white stuff. Plus I like the way that the light reflects and shines on the street. It reminds me of the song lyrics out of “Le Mis” where Eponine sings “the pavement shines like silver“. That’s my first thought now for whatever reason whenever I see the light reflecting off of the streets and sidewalks.
Oh and they brought in the boom to pump concrete to the construction site next door. Maybe it’s just me but I find it fascinating to watch it work.
So there I was all alone and sitting in a restaurant. I was being completely minding my own business and being perfectly well behaved (I could swear I heard a snicker coming from the south). Suddenly this hot looking red headed waitress in one of them short skirts and heels comes up to me and says to me _______________. (fill in the blank)
So what did she say to me? Feel free to let your imagination run wild and be creative to your lil’ ol’ pea pickin’ heart’s desire.
If it were me I’d say she said “You want fries with that burger?”
I’ve noticed lately that work has been getting in the way of me posting up a normal morning post. There goes that doggone work thingee getting in the way once again. Why can’t I hit the lotto so I can stay home or go around the world putting chalk on rocks or see what coffee tastes like in Belgium of something like that? Oh well.
My mind has been seriously at work thinking out some logistics. I’m somewhat distracted but at the end of the day there will be very little left to chance once I’ve thought thru it. I hate sudden surprises.
I also hate this new keyboard. I keep hitting the “Caps Lock” button and the next thing ya know everything is in caps. Ugh!
I get to do yard work this weekend if the weather cooperates. It doesn’t sound like much to some but I’m looking forward to getting outside after a long and cold winter. All of our snow and ice is gone and the ponds close to me have no ice on them. The ducks and geese are back with a vengeance now. I’m expecting the Yellow Finches to return in about a month and that doesn’t leave a whole lotta time to get a feeder ready for them.
It’s nice out there other than the grey skies. Maybe I’ll go for a walk at lunch time.
More later. Feel free to comment and/or leave an exuberant “Hello!” if’n ya want.
We’re back to October type weather once again for this part of central Minnesota. Cool at night and warm during the day. The sun came out today and put out this wonderful warming yellow glow on all of us here. The deck soaked a lot of it up and it felt so warm on my bare feet when I was standing on it after work. I stood there just soaking all it from my bare feet up.
But just like an October day, the sun began it set and the air became cooler. And with the cooler air the deck and the evening air began to cool off. I had to close the windows that were opened to let in some fresh air. I stepped out on to the deck and I could feel it getting cooler. It’s almost a bit of a disappointment. No matter. The weather is warming once again and it will stay warmer soon.