I was bagged and tagged by Laura over at Riddle From the Middle for the above. I normally don’t do these things since my view is if you want to know something about me then I’ll either tell ya or I have it in a post somewhere … or at least I think I have it in some damn post on here. If not, then it’s a post idea. So here’s the emblem …
Tada!!! Now, what the hell else am I supposed to do here? Let’s see.
To pay it forward, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each of their blogs, letting them know they’re nominated and linking back to this post.
OK, I’m crap at following directions and following rules. Rules and directions were developed because there are engineers in this world who love to tear things apart but don’t know diddley about putting things back together again. But I’m messing with a teacher and it’s unwise to do that since they have their ways about them. So to begin …
Thanks Laura. You’re the bestest. (Check that one off)
Write a post. (Check that one off too)
Brief story: I’ve been blogging for quite a while before coming to WP. Most sites that I was blogging closed down to multiple reasons and I left the last site because the atmosphere there was (and still is) way too toxic. Regardless, I came to WP to escape for personal reasons and have been posting thoughts and pics and music and whatever seems to pop into that grey matter between my ears. (Check)
Two pieces of advice. (Check this off too)
- Do your own thing. Looking for an expert on blogging? It aint me. I’ve seen people on here have a blog for 6 months and build up over a 1,000 followers whereas I’ve been here almost 3 years and still haven’t cleared 800 followers. But it’s all good. We all grow at our own rate and bigger isn’t always better. I’m busy enough staying on top of what my followers post and I can’t fathom what sort of effort would be needed to stay up with 1,000 or 5,000 followers. Hats off to people like Danny and the resident Ninja for keeping up with their blog followers.
- Don’t wear white shoes after Labor Day. This is apparently a bad thing according to Wendy over at Musings From A Tangled Mind. I dunno if my Nike’s count or not tho.
Select 15 bloggers and comment on their blogs. Nah! Rules? We got no rules. We don’t need to follow no stinking rules. (Ha ha! I cheated!)