Good Morning Campers! It’s time to rise and shine for those of us living here in the US of A and join the rest of the world who is already awake and scurrying about. I have my cup here with a little coffee to go with my cream and sugar. Let’s get thru this post.
1. All of the work that I need to do on my bathroom remodel is pretty much done. I I have left to do is to do some touch up painting on the walls and the ceiling, do some clean up and make sure all the other pieces and parts are all put together. Oh yeh, I have to call my guy and let him know that I’m ready for him to do the floor now. So it looks as if we are ahead of schedule.
2. What a weird winter we are having here in central Minnesota. It’s been awfully warm just like last year which leads me to believe that we won’t have a lot of snowfall left for this season but we should have another wet Spring.
3. I won’t argue with anyone as to whether or not Global Warming is a real issue. I think that’s just wasted time and effort on a number of people and it is getting us nowhere fast. No, I think a better argument or discussion to have is whether or not we owe it to our world, our children, our grandchildren and even to ourselves to leave the world’s environment in a better place than what we found it or better than how it was handed to us. Yes, that means actively working on and pushing new green initiatives and cleaner energy technologies.
4. Boogie told me that she will be out peacefully protesting the inauguration today. I think she was worried that Dad would be upset given Dad is a retired GI. Actually I was taken back by those thoughts and I told her as much. Exercise your God given Constitutional rights and exercise Gandhi’s version of civil disobedience all you want. I draw the line when “peaceful” turns into “violence” or if it causes harm to others.
5. Did anyone other than myself read or listen to President Obama’s comments this week? I listened to him a lot this week on Yahoo News and he was pretty eloquent. I loved how he so eloquently told his daughters that “This is not the end of the world and the only time that you need about the end of the world is when it’s actually the end of the world.” (or words to that effect). I know a lot of people did not like him for multiple reasons right, wrong or indifferent. But I think it would be a tragic loss to this country’s future if he and Michelle are not actively engaged in civil and human rights over the upcoming years.
Woo hoo, we did it! Feel free to comment or to even leave a happy “Hidey Ho!” if you pass by.