Day: January 20, 2017
I went and did my follow up examination with a nurse today. Her goal in life today was to put one of those blood pressure wrap thingees around my arm and keep pumping that little black ball thingee until all the blood backed up inside my head or gush out from my eyeballs or something along that line. I swear to God my fingertips were white and I’m Caucasian enough as it is and I really don’t need any help to go total albino.
Anywho she put me thru this torture device experience twice and I asked how things turned out; not that I’d would even know or have any clue what any of it meant anyway. She said my BP went up two points after she took it the first time and I kinda sorta threw both arms up into the air and let out one of those …
“WOO HOO!! HE SHOOTS AND HE SCORES TWO AT THE BUZZER!!!”
I don’t think she thought that my basketball reference was very comical given that “you must have lost your damn mind” look that she had on her face. And I guess while 140 over 110 would be a good score if you’re UCLA and you’re playing Notre Dame but it’s not good thingee for older dudes and their non-Geritol tainted blood.
I was so depressed that I went and consoled myself with one of those huge cinnamon rolls at Perkins afterwards. I had an unsweetened iced tea with it too.
Good Morning Campers! It’s time to rise and shine for those of us living here in the US of A and join the rest of the world who is already awake and scurrying about. I have my cup here with a little coffee to go with my cream and sugar. Let’s get thru this post.
1. All of the work that I need to do on my bathroom remodel is pretty much done. I I have left to do is to do some touch up painting on the walls and the ceiling, do some clean up and make sure all the other pieces and parts are all put together. Oh yeh, I have to call my guy and let him know that I’m ready for him to do the floor now. So it looks as if we are ahead of schedule.
2. What a weird winter we are having here in central Minnesota. It’s been awfully warm just like last year which leads me to believe that we won’t have a lot of snowfall left for this season but we should have another wet Spring.
3. I won’t argue with anyone as to whether or not Global Warming is a real issue. I think that’s just wasted time and effort on a number of people and it is getting us nowhere fast. No, I think a better argument or discussion to have is whether or not we owe it to our world, our children, our grandchildren and even to ourselves to leave the world’s environment in a better place than what we found it or better than how it was handed to us. Yes, that means actively working on and pushing new green initiatives and cleaner energy technologies.
4. Boogie told me that she will be out peacefully protesting the inauguration today. I think she was worried that Dad would be upset given Dad is a retired GI. Actually I was taken back by those thoughts and I told her as much. Exercise your God given Constitutional rights and exercise Gandhi’s version of civil disobedience all you want. I draw the line when “peaceful” turns into “violence” or if it causes harm to others.
5. Did anyone other than myself read or listen to President Obama’s comments this week? I listened to him a lot this week on Yahoo News and he was pretty eloquent. I loved how he so eloquently told his daughters that “This is not the end of the world and the only time that you need about the end of the world is when it’s actually the end of the world.” (or words to that effect). I know a lot of people did not like him for multiple reasons right, wrong or indifferent. But I think it would be a tragic loss to this country’s future if he and Michelle are not actively engaged in civil and human rights over the upcoming years.
Woo hoo, we did it! Feel free to comment or to even leave a happy “Hidey Ho!” if you pass by.