I’ve been thinking a lot lately about some New Year’s resolutions for the upcoming new year. The problem with making New Year’s resolutions is actually keeping them rather than watching them last for maybe all of 15 days before they fall by the wayside. I’ve came up with quite a fair number of them like …
- Learn to use my camera better.
- Learn to blog better.
- Continue to “green” my house.
I looked at those and thought that these are pretty much maintenance chores for my life. Learning how to use the camera better and to blog better are personal growth IMHO and continuing my green effort is good economics and good for the earth. I sat back and looked hard and thought “Man, those suck.” So a little more thought went into the question and I know I was actually doing some thinking because I saw some smoke come out of my ears. No really, there was actual smoke. The gerbil was working extra hard apparently spinning its wheel.
What I came up with some far and what has made my list is:
- Do a better job of treating others as I how would want to be treated. Need I say more?
- Get out of this rut that I call a job. It’s time to move on or make it better.
- Exercise a little self discipline and actually exercise this year. Self, you have this nice elliptical machine downstairs and it needs used like it was intended to be used. It’s time to suck it up and put on your big boy pants in this area.
- Cut the sugar intake. This is gonna kill me cuz I do like my chocolates, candy, pies and cakes. I think maybe what I really need to do is to have a little more moderation in this area.
- Go see the doctor on a more routine basis. Yeh, that will mean having more interaction with the nurse that hates me but we don’t want to keel over and be on the wrong side of the grass before age 60. The upside is talking to my doctor who is gonna tell me that I drink way too much coffee and I’m gonna tell her that she needs to not be so strict and actually break down and let her son have a Fanta every once in a while. We have conversations along those lines at times.
So there you have it sports fans. Feel free to comment and/or maybe add one of your resolutions for the new year.