There’s a warm wind blowing from the south and the leaves are rustling in the trees. The moon is bright and full and you can almost see the witches, the bats and the ghosts in the air. The only things missing are the smell of burning pumpkin from the candles that light up the jack o’lanterns and the sight of little goblins and ghouls running from door to door getting candy from my neighbors. Yes, it’s a witches moon and night out there for sure.
You wouldn’t catch me out alone on a night like this.
The sun sends out a wave of golden sunlight as it rises above the horizon. But it only lasts for a few moments and suddenly the colours become alive and spectacular. You have to be ready for the moment and I didn’t quite make it this morning.
1. It’s gonna be a busy one here today. A guy is coming to blow out my yard irrigation system. A guy is coming to aerate the yard. A guy is coming to fix a window (please God make this happen cuz I’ve been waiting since June for my window to be fixed). And finally there’s a delivery as well. Oh, I forgot it’s market day as well.
2. It’s another lovely 6C morning. I turned the fireplace on cuz it’s cold down here in my office. Big Boy is all sprawled out in front of it and is slowly baking away. I haven’t smelled any burnt hair or anything that remotely smells like Chinese food, so I guess he’s OK for now. Yayayayayaya. It’s my cat and I can torment him with thoughts like that if I wanna.
3. As usual, my yard guy didn’t tell his crew that he needed them to flag the sprinkler heads. It’s a good thing I bought a bundle of flags otherwise God only knows when they would be back before the snow flies.
4. Mmmmmmmm. A cup of hot coffee is like the elixir of the Gods this early in the morning.
5. It feels so awkward being in the States at this time of year. I’m usually off on some travels but not this year. I don’t regret the financial decision that I made last year; I regret the taxes that I had to pay because of it. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day and there is always next year.
There ya have it. Feel free to comment, leave some thoughts or even leave me some naughty suggestions if you would like.