I am really, really late with posting this for today.
1. It seems as if the Gods have decided that today is the day to have multiple work laptop issues. I troubleshooted and troubleshooted and even got the national Help Desk to give it a go; all to no avail. I sat down and tried the simple thing of going wireless (it hadn’t occurred to any of us before) and that seemed to do the trick. It appears I either have a network cable issue or a port issue or both.
2. One of my bird feeders seemed to have grown brown and grey hairs. It was almost wrapped in squirrels stealing the seed. They were just growling at one another but too busy eating to fight. I chased them off for now. They will be back I’m sure.
3. It’s a beautiful Fall day out there today. The sun warmed up the decking and that feels great on bare feet. The grass and the earth are awfully wet and cold though. I think I’m going to harvest all of my green onions tomorrow.
4. I’m wondering if I have a lens that I will need to send in for some maintenance and/or repair. It’s not quite focusing all of the way.
5. Can it really be October 1st tomorrow? September has just flown by. Maybe it’s just me. Whatever is green will be rapidly turning colours with the leaves really falling off the trees fairly soon. Oh well. I suppose it is what it is.
OK, that’s it for today. Feel free to comment or just leave a “Howdy!” if you want.
I’ve always been fascinated with food from other countries and especially when it came to Christmas delicacies. Yes I used the “C” word and it’s not even October. I’ve seen these a couple times on the tube right around Christmas time and I wonder how hard they would b to prepare and assemble. Maybe this is something that I should turn over to my oldest since she is more of a pastry baker than I am.
Anyone have any experience with these? It would be fascinating to have one of these for Christmas dessert.
Yeh, it’s cool out there this morning. It’s a rather tropical 47*F right now but was a degree or two cooler when I started my morning commute. I know it’s cool because this morning was the first day that I saw my breath in the morning air. Ugh!
I’m wondering why the Presidential debates don’t include Gary Johnson or Dr. Jill Stein. There are options other than the usual two. It would be interesting to listen to the responses if Dr. Jill and Gary were allowed to respond at the same time. It would be interesting to see voter reaction with two more choices.
I hate my work laptop. It’s sooooooooo slow. I would do a complete reformat and reinstall if I had my druthers. It would clean up I don’t know how many corrupted registry files and make it all ship shape in Bristol fashion. Unfortunately, they won’t let me have an Administrator password or privileges.
Time to get some work done.
I always do the same thing every year about this time. I end up outside wearing a pair of shorts and no shoes or sandals. The grass an the damp earth remind me that it’s not August any more. I hurried up and went about my business cuz it was doggone cold on the bare feet. I never learn.
It feels like mid-October already. A big ol’ flock of Canada geese went overhead after supper. I’m always amazed at how they all come together and then leave as one to go south. It amazes me to see large flocks of them on picked corn or bean fields and watch them go about their business to cleaning it all up.
I hate how the farm land around here is turning into houses. It whittles away a piece at a time to our legacy.
Blue skies replaced with grey. Sunlight replaced with darkening skies and now rain is falling with the temps. It will be a cool one in the morning. Such is the autumn weather in central Minnesota. I even turned the thermostat from “Cool” to “Heat”. Wow!
We have the opening round of autumn around here.