We have overcast skies out there this morning. It’s not unusual for this time of year. Winters stay long and Springs are typically short for this part of the Hundred Acre Wood. But would like to see some consistent blue skies and sunshine once again and to give Mother Nature a boot in the butt so she will quit stalling on Spring around these parts. It gets old. Real old.
So I sit here making mental notes on what I need to get done for this last day of April. I know I’m ahead of schedule on some things and on schedule with the rest but I would like to finish up on the balance by next weekend. That will leave my garden mostly done with leaving the tomatoes and the sweet potatoes for Memorial Day weekend.
That leaves my yard that I neglected last year and am paying for now. I’s going to be a long summer with that problem. I’ll get it fixed but it’s gonna be a PITA and a PITA I could have avoided had I actually got off my hiney last summer and did what I was supposed to do. Oh well. Live and learn I guess.
So here I sit in the meanwhile sipping on my Saturday morning coffee and watching the birds return once again to my feeders. We send April 2016 packing off into memory tonight.
1. Dawn broke cold and wet in this part of the Hundred Acre Wood. The wind and the rain did some but not a lot of damage to my crab apple tree blossoms. They’re still looking OK and I’m waiting for them to open and for the fragrance. I can’t decide which smell that I like better: these blossoms or lilacs.
2. I have lensitis. It’s a disease with a nasty side effect; you need to have multiple lenses for your camera. It’s an addiction. Thank God for on-line shopping. I’ll get my fix that way.
3. I get to go to the compost yard after work for another load of garden soil so I can fill the last two new garden beds. It will be nice to get them filled and start to get the dirt settled so I can plant in them.
4. The gummys are coming to visit this weekend and they want to do some planting. Fortunately I can accommodate that with planting some seeds for some bush beans. hey call it “farming” which always cracks me up.
5. The yard sprinkler system is now turned on and is up and running for the season. Now I just need some warm weather so I can get some yard work done.
I have to wait a year for the blossoms to reappear on my trees. My large tree out front is ahead of the others and we have this God awful rain that’s been falling for the past couple days. We need a few days of sun so they finish opening and and really break out in fragrance.
I just hope the wind and the rain doesn’t blow them away before that happens.
This is one of those mornings where I would have liked to have worked from home. Actually I would have liked to have retired by now but the bank prefers that I pay the mortgage on the house … and on time as well. Yeh, the bank is kinda picky and fussy that way. It has a total lack of understanding when you fall behind on payments. There’s no sense of humour at all.
So we work from home tomorrow as scheduled which means that I get to stay up until 9:00 PM tonight. Exciting huh? Yeh, I thought so too. OK, that was a bit of a fib on my part. But hey! The downtown skyline looks kinda sorta awesome in the rain don’t ya think? I did. It just goes to show that I’m easily amused and entertained.
So someone finally showed up and let me in my office so I can get some coffee going and start going thru what? Like a hunderty billionty emails that accumulated while I was out. OK, so maybe there wasn’t a hunderty billionty emails waiting for me. Maybe it was more like a hunderty thousandty.
I do like traveling but I hate feeling achy all over the day after I get home. I feel like I’ve been smacked around a couple times by Mike Tyson.
Do you ever wonder why someone quits following your WP? I don’t have a blog with thousands of followers so I tend to notice when people drop you. Yeh, I get that this is blogging and it happens all the time where people quit blogging and/or lose interest with you and then move on with their lives. I wonder if there would be any value with having a widget that goes something like …
“I quit following you because: (a) You’re boring; (b) Your photos suck; (c) I really could care less about your garden; (d) Any of the above; (e) _____________________ <— (fill in the blank)”
I blame Jason cuz I can. Take that Mr. Ninja Man!!!