Things are all greened up and filled out. The veggie garden is coming along and the new strawberry patch is doing more than great this year. It’s hard to believe that it was only a couple weeks ago when the temps dropped down into the 30’s overnight. The only thing that reminds me of those mornings are how my green beans look right now and some pics that I posted on here.
Another May goes into the books for me. It makes me wonder where all the time went.
The Little Street (Het Straatje) is a painting by the Dutch painter Johnannes Vermeer, executed c. 1657–58. It is exhibited at the Rjiksmuseum of Amsterdam, and signed on the left hand corner below the window “I V MEER”.
The painting is made in oil on canvas, and it is a relatively small painting, of the size of 54.3cm × w 44cm. This the only known painting made by Johannes Vermeer outdoors and the only one that is correctly attributed to Vermeer.
The painting showing a quiet street, depicting a typical aspect of the life in a Dutch Golden Age village. This painting is considered to be an important work of the Dutch master.
Straight angles alternate with the triangle of the house and of the sky giving the composition a certain vitality. The walls, stones and brickwork are painted in a thick colour, that it makes them almost palpable. The exact location of the scene Vermeer painted is not known, though, a study argued that it is the Voldersgracht or the Nieuwe Langendijk.
1. I woke up to rain and am loving it. I’m a rain person whenever I’m not a sun person. Granted I prefer the sun and the heat over the rain and will take it first and foremost. However, I’m a planting and growing kinda guy and I like that free water from the sky to keep my lawn green and my garden growing. It also makes for good napping weather as well.
2. I’m slowly losing my mind looking for a plug-in cord that I have somewhere. It has a speaker plug-in jack on each end. I can have my iPad Mini on speakers if I can find the damn thing back.
3. It’s almost 8 AM and I’ve got nothing done save some over the phone training and assist to one staff member. Oh yeh, I had a war of words with the shop steward. I’m sure it’s not over since she has the local President and national included. I don’t care. what are they going to do to me besides nothing?
4. I have visitors coming over to spend the night so Mom & Dad can play. No worries. I’m sure I have some popcorn so we can watch a movie. If not, we’ll bake something.
5. I have to buy some more seeds this weekend. My green beans aren’t doing so hot right now and I’m thinking that I need to plant some extra beans just in case. My tomato plants aren’t doing so hot when I look at them. I’m concerned that cold spell we had a week or so back got to both. I still have time to plant new tomato plants if I want but I’m gonna have to make up my mind here pretty soon.
I was really, really, really concerned with transplanting my strawberries would be a total crash and burn exercise in futility. I was proven wrong. They’re filling out, growing, spreading out and more importantly are loaded with blossoms. The cage is working out really well and is keeping the birds and the squirrels out. We are gonna have a good year for picking strawberries..
OK, so I haven’t gotten much of anything done since I’ve been home and I can’t believe how late it got on me. Yes, it’s “late” given I’m up at an hour that you don’t even wanna know about. But it’s all good. My Bridal Veils are in full bloom and they smell great. We’ll settle for that. Little things. They add up and make up for a lot.