So I’m at an end to another April. At least this one is ending well and I have no complaints about it. My crab apples are ready to blossom and show my their flowers. This year I get to enjoy them for the full season unlike last year when I was gone for a week. Hopefully my lilacs made it thru the cold spell we had last week and will have some flowers.
Spring time in southern Iowa meant lots of tulips, lilacs and violets coming into bloom. We could always find wild violets growing. All we had to do was find run off water coming up out of the ground like a spring. Lilacs were so easy to find since so many people had them growing in some many different places. One lady used to have these huge lilac bushes that would just explode with blooms. There were so many flowers that you could smell the lilacs from a block away.
I used to love to stop and smell them and then pick a few to take home to Momma. Momma loved the smell and the look of lilacs too. And she loved how we would bring home a hand full of flowers for her kitchen window. God, between them and her cooking the kitchen always smelled so nice around supper time.
Spammer, spammer man
I gots to be a spammer man!
Spammer, spammer man
I’ve got to be a spammer!
“Yes” I’m old and just showed my age, but I don’t care. It’s called the “Seniority Rule” which translates to “I’m senior, so I make the rules” There are definite advantages to getting old Mr. Ninja.
Now, relax and get back up on the roof to clean some gutters. Don’t forget the ladder!
I got the challenge glove laid upon me by “The Ugly Duckling’s Life” and I promised that I would do this after I got off work today. It’s been a while since I’ve done something like this, so let’s see if I can remember how to do these. come to think of it, I think I owe the “Next Generation Farm Girl” something along this line too.
1. What’s your definition of beauty? Holding a baby in your arms for the first time. Having one of my grands fall asleep in my lap. Holding my Mother’s hand after she had her stroke and seeing a smile come across her face. A sunset in the desert of Kuwait. Seeing someone smile when I chat with them. Helping to place US flags at the graves of veterans. Watching the stars come out at night. Walking along a beach as the sun sets.
2. Have you ever changed your appearance or personality when meeting someone new? Nah. I’m a WYSIWYG kinda guy. But I do clean up kinda sorta OK.
3. When’s the last time you dedicated your time to do homework, project, etc? I haven’t had homework since I graduated in with my BS degree in 2000. But I always have some project that I’m working on around my place. I just finished building two raised garden beds for my backyard.
4. What’s your fears? Did you overcome those fears? No. I sometimes have images and memories that go thru my head that I sooner forget.
5. What’s the appropriate age to marry someone you love? Initially I would have said “any time” but I think that’s a lie. Everyone is different and I missed out on so much when I was in my early 20’s. I would have waited until later if I had to live that part of my life over again.
6. Have you ever done anything extreme over the years? Define “extreme”. I’ve done some things that as made me wonder why I made certain life choices. But that was after the fact of course.
7. List your dream team. (Put together 5 celebrities, athletes, fictional characters, etc that you would like to see or work with some day) Hmmmm. I have no use for celebrities or athletes. Fictional characters mean nothing to me. I do know a number of friends (more than 5) who died that I would like to see once again however.
8. Have you or someone ever stood up to someone? Oh yeh. 650,000 of us stood up all at the same time to someone.
9. What’s the most difficult decision you had to make? To take my Mother off of life support and not prolong her suffering. No one else would make the decision and I had the POA. It haunts me to this day.
OK, there you have it sports fans.